Dr. Damon DeArment, Dr. Daniel Lill, and Dr. Ashley Larson use lasers in some of our orthodontic treatments to improve the effectiveness of your treatment and give you a more comfortable overall experience. Lasers are multi-purpose devices, and may be used to perform or aid in a number of different treatments. To learn more about laser orthodontic treatments in Winchester and Front Royal, Virginia, and to schedule your appointment at Shenandoah Valley Orthodontics, please contact our office.
Our orthodontists may recommend the use of a soft tissue laser during or after your treatment. When we perform your laser treatment, we use a topical anesthetic to ensure your comfort. Laser treatments may be used to:
- Reshape gum tissue to improve your appearance
- Expose/uncover impacted (lodged) teeth and allow for faster, more effective tooth eruption
- Reduce swelling around orthodontic appliances and improve oral hygiene
- Release frenum attachments (heavy muscular tissue attachments) that place tension on gum tissue and may contribute to gum recession
Laser treatments have many benefits, including:
- Minimal or no bleeding during your procedure
- A more hygienic treatment
- A more comfortable treatment
- A quicker healing time following your procedure
Following your treatment, our orthodontists will provide you with detailed post-operative instruction. We recommend that you:
- Use an antiseptic rinse (such as Peroxyl) or a salt water rinse several times a day for the first few days after your procedure. This will enhance your comfort and the healing process.
- Use a mild pain reliever if needed
- Use a vitamin E gel on the site for several days
- Avoid hot or spicy foods, as they may irritate the treated area
If you have questions about your post-operative instruction, please feel free to contact our office.
Insurance & Treatment Cost
Please be aware that there is a separate fee associate with laser treatment. Most laser treatments cost between $300-600. Laser orthodontic procedures will often be covered partially or fully under your dental insurance plan, and we will file the claim with your insurance company for you. You will be responsible for any remaining balance. If you do not have dental insurance, you will be responsible for this fee.
For more information about laser orthodontic treatment, please contact Shenandoah Valley Orthodontics today.